Instead of discarding your food scraps, you can recycle them with the help of worms. Vermicomposting (worm composting) turns many types of kitchen waste into a nutritious soil for plants. When worm compost is added to soil, it boosts the nutrients available to plants and enhances soil structure and drainage.
Using worms to decompose food waste offers several advantages:
- It reduces household garbage going into land fill saving councils money
- It produces less odour and attracts fewer pests than putting food wastes into a bin
- It saves the water and electricity that kitchen sink garbage disposal units consume;
- It produces a free, high-quality soil conditioner
- It requires little space, and engages children in recycling all waste,
- Free worms for fishing.
Check out our range of worm farms here.